On February 20, the prolonged labor dispute was settled at The Port of Los Angeles.
What’s happening now?
– The port is hiring help and working through the backlog of containers and ships.
What are the effects?
– Capacity for truckload will be limited.
– The backlog is expected to last 8-12 weeks.
– Price could increase with the demand for equipment.
– Many carriers will be in search of freight to Los Angeles.
– On a smaller scale, the Oakland and Seattle ports will be similarly impacted.
What will help freight get moved?
– Provide flexible pickup and delivery windows.
– Consider alternative modes to move your freight: van, flatbed, rail, partial, or LTL.
Your Freightquote representative can assist you in creating a plan.